Rhiwbina Halt was opened by the Cardiff Railway in 1911, one of the original stops along it’s route into Cardiff. Two lines ran through it’s two platforms, which were connected via a footbridge. The halt was simply renamed Rhiwbina following it’s absorption into the Great Western Railway, and the station was reduced to one track along with the rest of the line by the 1970’s.
Late night railway specials periodically ran from Ninian Park in the 1970s and, according to Urban75.org, “passed by in a blur of ejected seats, broken windows, flailing toilet rolls and exploding light bulbs, as the local hooligans rampaged”.
The station still operates today.
Information sourced from: http://www.urban75.org/railway/rhiwbina-halt.html