Treforest Tin Works

William Crawshay II first started a tinplate rolling mill on site in 1794, and following a rebuild in 1834, by the mid 1800s it was the largest tin works in Britain. It was managed by Crawshay's son Francis. The works were abandoned by the Crawshay family in 1857 and in 1861, the whole property reverted … Continue reading Treforest Tin Works